The corporate law is among our core areas of expertise. Borovyk&Partners represents foreign companies in connection with establishing, developing and managing their presence in Ukraine through wholly-owned subsidiaries and joint ventures, as well as via minority shareholdings and representative offices.
We also advise foreign clients in sizing down and closing their business presence in Ukraine via sale or through winding up of subsidiaries, representative offices.
The scope of our corporate law services includes:
- consulting on the establishment of wholly-owned subsidiaries and joint ventures;
- drafting charter and bylaw provisions;
- corporate restructuring;
- structuring corporate governance;
- questions of director and officer responsibilities and liabilities;
- preparation for annual meetings;
- nominating and removing directors and officers;
- executive agreements and compensation arrangements;
- protection against hostile takeovers (raiding).
We represent clients in M&A transactions involving small and medium sized target companies. Our team members have experience of transactions in such fields as technology, manufacturing, consumer products, retail, health care, financial services, mining industry, among others, and regularly engage in cross-border and international transactions.
Our IP team works closely with our M&A team to address the intellectual property considerations that often arise in M&A transactions.
The scope of our M&A services includes:
- stock and asset-based transactions;
- private equity and venture capital;
- minority investments in public and private companies;
- joint ventures and other strategic alliances;
- sell-side and buy-side legal due diligence;
- technology licensing and transfers;
- structuring acquisitions;
- obtaining permits from antimonopoly authorities for business formations, reorganizations, acquisitions and changes in management structures.
We advise our multinational clients on their Ukrainian operations and help them with a broad range of issues that arise in the course of running a business at any stage of the commercial cycle.
We often act as company lawyers for companies that do not employ their own lawyer, but still need ongoing legal advice.
Our attorneys draft and examine agreements, assist clients with contractual negotiations, counsel on regulatory matters.
The scope of our contract law services includes:
- advice on drafting, evaluating and negotiating all types of business agreements;
- supervising the correct execution of contracts signed;
- dealer agreements;
- co-operation agreements;
- contracts of sale and delivery;
- marketing contracts;
- licensing agreements;
- contracts for work and services;
- loan agreements;
- employment contracts and rules;
- development agreements;
- developing strategies for resolving disputes arising in connection with the execution or termination of contracts.